Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The 3 hour module will sharpen your understanding of the drivers of real estate returns using Excel.
- Analyze the drivers of real estate returns by constructing a simple excel cashflow model.
- Understand value creation and the 3 key takeaways tangibly with numbers.
- Evaluate the financial leverage role in real estate investment.
- Evaluate the effects of Debt Financing.
- Examine shareholder value creation, ROIC and WACC, and the value drivers in real estate.
- Understand WACC and the Core-of-Value principle.
- Time Commitment: 3 hours (7-10pm)
- Course will be taught virtually on Google Meet
About This Course
Participants are not required to have specific prior experience of any of the subject areas. More experienced individuals will be able to build on their knowledge through practical, current case studies.
Lecture style, with Exercises/Case Studies
Participants are required to bring their own laptops
Prof. Roy Ling is currently the CEO & Founder of FollowTrade. Concurrently, he is also an Adjunct Professor in Finance at the SKEMA Business School, an Academic Program Director at SMU Academy and an Independent Board Director on several listed companies in Asia.
Prof. Ling spent more than 20 years in investment banking and held senior positions with JPMorgan, Lehman Brothers, Goldman Sachs and Salomon Smith Barney. His expertise is in Asia real estate, REIT IPOs and capital markets, and he has worked in New York, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Singapore. During his investment banking career, Prof. Ling has originated and executed a broad range of advisory and capital market transactions including some of the most high profile transactions in the region. Prof. Ling was a former Board Director of the CFA Society of Japan. He was honored as the Real Estate Executive of the Year 2016 by Singapore Business Review, and as one of 20 Rising Stars in Real Estate 2008 by Institutional Investor.
Prof. Ling graduated from INSEAD with a Global EMBA and from the National University of Singapore with a BBA (Hons).